The primary role of a game artist is to work with fellow development staff to create all content for electronic casino gaming products. Working with both 2d and 3d elements artists will contribute creatively to all aspects of design from idea through content generation, making sure that assets are delivered in the right format and on time.
Essential Job Functions
- Create 2d and 3d assets for gaming products through illustration, 3d render, and particle effects.
- Animate all necessary assets, this includes UI elements, backgrounds, transitions, and characters.
- Work closely with fellow Sr. Art staff to contribute to and work within pipeline.
- Work with team to assist in design of game elements, iterate and work from feedback to generate final game assets.
- Work with production staff to take direction and make sure that design guidelines are followed and to deliver assigned assets on schedule.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong eye for design and color
- Creative mindset, ability to contribute during brainstorming sessions
- Passion for creating interesting and innovative experiences
- Ability to illustrate in a number of different styles
- Traditional art skills, drawing, concept creation, sketching, Digital painting
- Understanding of animation principles, timing, weight, keyframe interpolation
- Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Familiarity with a 3d package.
- Bonus: Experience with particle systems either built in or plugin based for 2d special effects.
- Bonus: Game engine experience (unity/UE)
Required Training and/or Experience
- 7+ years creating art in a production environment
- Experience working from concept through completion on illustration, animation, and/or game projects
- Gaming experience preferred
- Tertiary Art/Design/Animation/Film or related preferred
- Provide portfolio at time of application. All applicants should be prepared to take an art test for assessment
The gaming industry is heavily regulated. If an offer of employment is made, applicant must successfully complete background and drug screening prior to first day of employment.