Eclipse Gaming is a leading provider of entertainment solutions for the casino, social and casual gaming industry, currently headquartered in Chicago with a significant operation center in Duluth, GA. Our Engineering, Design, Creative and Operations personnel combine more than 30 years of experience in the gaming, hospitality and entertainment sector.
Eclipse Gaming Systems is seeking a Mathematician to design mathematical models for new games, performing payback calculations and generating simulation code to verify the correctness of those calculations. This individual will assist in the design of innovative math models for new Eclipse Gaming products that maximize player appeal and game performance in the field.
Skills and Qualifications
- Responsible for all math model calculations for assigned games, including base game/free games, bonus features, and all payback percentages, hit frequencies, standard deviations, and other metrics as appropriate
- Programming skills in C++/C#, with an emphasis in probabilistic algorithms; must be able to read, edit and adapt existing C++/C# code
- Utilizes existing programming tools to verify math models, create playable demos of games designed, and analyze game play characteristics
- Develops new and improves existing mathematical methods
- Proficiency in Excel in the use of linking and formulas to dynamically calculate probabilities and describe complicated probabilistic events
- Bachelor’s Degree or education/training equivalent of a 4-year college program and 4 – 6 years of experience
Qualifications That Set You Apart
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), especially the ability to communicate complicated mathematical concepts to people without a background in mathematics
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong creativity and imagination